BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no otherorganization.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT ALGERIA IS LOOKING FOR A TRADE MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-management
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary package + excellent benefits
LOCATION: Algiers & Tizi Ouzou, Algeria
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
We’re looking for a Trade Marketing Representative to join our Trade team in the Algiers – central region.
The Trade Marketing Representative is responsible for managing the tobacco business for a collection of accounts in the assigned geographical area, implementing corporate plans, negotiating strategies and meeting business objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Plan visits, go to retailers, build strong business relationships, answer their questions, issues and concerns, and monitor contract compliance
- Complete basic TM&D (Trade Marketing and Distribution) activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (product visibility, availability, freshness, and right pricing)
- Develop and adhere to a well-defined work programme and route plan, as agreed with Area Manager
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock) and monitoring of Distributor sales team and complete cycle activities to achieve national, area and territory objectives
- Ensure attendance of all approved training programmes and show visible application of acquired knowledge
- Ensure objectives in terms of availability, visibility, volume, stock quality and RRP (Recommended Retail Price) compliance of products, are achieved for the territory
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date detailed database of all customers (including phone numbers and outlet addresses)
- Provide data and maintain accurate records on competitor’s activities, sales, and distribution performance in order to guarantee that Area Manager is fully informed at all times
- Handle all assigned funds, materials, and equipment in a secure and efficient manner to improve the use of organization assets
- Engage local government officials, transport / traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined territory
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Tertiary Education in Marketing or Business Qualification is desirable, but any other similar Tertiary Education considered
- Previous experience in sales, trade, distribution, marketing, or other related function preferred
- Ideally, at least 1 year experience in an FMCG company
- Focus on results, critical thinking, proactive, with a strong eye for business; resilient, flexible, problem solver and able to work under pressure
- Good commercial acumen and excellent sales, marketing, and negotiation skills; good self-leading and teamworking abilities
- Ability to build close working relationships with a wide variety of trade partners and to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Availability to travel extensively across the assigned territory to meet a wide variety of trade partners - Valid driver’s license
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Be vigilant - BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.