Reynolds American is evolving at a pace like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be the change!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Product Quality Tester
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
LOCATION: Clarksville TN, USA
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Supervisor, Manager, Director, Peers
External – N/A
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Effectively follow detailed work instructions to ensure accurate quality sampling and testing processes.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with both quality and manufacturing personnel.
- Immediately notify management of testing results near or outside specified ranges.
- Accurately operate quality testing equipment including Brabender, pH meter, refractometer, Wiley Mill, Ro-Tap, V-blender, as applicable for the manufacturing area supported.
- Precisely obtain, prepare, weigh, test, and record samples in according with specifications.
- Perform and record results accurately of tests that have been completed (pH, moisture level, etc.).
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and calibrations (daily verification checks) of quality equipment.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- What does having a quality mindset mean to you?
- What makes you the best individual for this position?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Prefer Experience working with sampling procedures
- Prefer quality testing experience
- Mathematical skills monitor and validate testing results
- Team-working skills to report issues, identify causes, assist others, and recommend necessary improvements.
- Willingness and ability to learn and perform varying duties
- Willingness and ability to work any shift and necessary overtime based on business needs.
- Proficient Computer skills (including Microsoft Office Professional Suite).
- Demonstrated Excel data entry and analysis ability
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, proactivity, and effective follow-through
- Work Keys: Applied Math – Level 3, Workplace Documents – Level 3, Graphic Literacy – Level 3, Workplace Observation – Level 2
- Experience with MES, Ignition, VIDES and Pilgrim SmartSolve.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- Hourly Rate: $24.21
- Bonus Target: 7% percent
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional three percent to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees who elect the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers at manufacturing locations
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counselling sessions, per issue, each calendar year for employees and their dependents
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment insurance of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Free confidential personal financial counseling service
- A charitable giving matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Healthcare concierge service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Extensive training opportunities
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (up to 6 days)
- Vacation (15 days (pro-rated days during first year of service))
- Holidays (Nine company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Paid Parental Leave + temporary reduced work schedule opportunity
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees who want to grow their careers. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email atTalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.