BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT UK IS LOOKING FOR A DEMAND FORECASTING INTERN
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
JOB TITLE: Demand Forecasting Intern
SUB FUNCTION: Demand Planning
CITY & COUNTRY: London, United Kingdom
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The demand planning intern role will be crucial to the success of consistent accurate reporting of information to NWEA (Northwest European Area). The cascade of industry size, market share & volume in a timely and accurate fashion will be at the forefront of the successes derived from this position, whilst striving for simplification of processes.
Demand planning is a key function within NWEA SP&I function to ensure a robust marketing planning process (both operationally and strategically), high quality reporting for NWEA area representing an intelligence hub for Area LT, marketing and end market. The demand forecasting team acts as a custodian of the SOP process, annual marketing planning and reporting across the NWEA, ensures effectiveness, accuracy and alignment within the area reporting process.
Reports to: Demand Planning Manager
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Support the gathering and submission of critical information through a variety of data sources
- OTIF delivery of all required information and reports
- Management of complex excel worksheets and system processes
- Stakeholder engagement with end market functions to both cascade and receive crucial information for demand forecasting accuracy
- Maintaining the organisation of information worksheets and documents
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in prioritising tasks, managing workload and working under pressure
- Experience with software (eg. ERP, CRM, EDI, BI, PowerBi, Nielsen)
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Notably Excel & PowerPoint)
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Educated at Degree Level
- Forecasting experience
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!