BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Assistant Management Level
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Team Leader is expected to coordinate and support all maintenance activities in order to ensure smooth running of machines and reduction in downtimes. Devise core crew & ensure deployment of the same on the machine to facilitate maintenance related activities. Provide full support to maintenance team to ensure timely completion of maintenance activities.
Reports to: Cell Manager
Reporting Level: Single Contributor
Geographic Scope: Pakistan
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Effective deployment of core crew as per agreed crewing pattern on the machines to get the desired output.
- Create PM Cards for the shift as per IWS process.
- Provide prompt feedback regarding machines’ performance to IWS/Technical teams.
- Coach and develop EOs and encourage multiskilling in shift.
- Support execution of personnel systems to grow capability of EOs (skill blocks, IDP’s, team skill matrix, training plan, FPI/quarterly assessments, and confidentiality of data, time sheets, and time administrator).
- Liaison with Process Lead to gather data of assigned line and Lead creation as well as timely execution of 90Day Action Plans while taking 24hrs responsibility.
- Maintain good relationship with CBA representatives to ensure smooth operations on the floor.
- Define and drive IR Controls in shift via positive engagement with key opinion makers
- Drive 1-2-1 communication with EOs to implement controls in shift
- Take disciplinary actions in shift where and when required ensuring proper controls.
- Ensure compliance with PI&T requirements as per roadmap at Production Floor.
- Drive basic machine 5S standard within shift / cell
- Facilitate higher management in deploying company’s Reward & Recognition regime to encourage healthy competition at shop-floor level.
- Carry out duties as Fire Master according to the defined ERP structure (Emergency response Plan) after office hours
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- University degree with 1-2 years’ experience of Operations Management.
- Should be self-motivated and possess initiative, drive and leadership abilities to lead a team with Decision Making as well as Resource Management skills. Must possess effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Should exhibit leadership and conflict management skills. Working experience of SAP is desirable
- Must exhibit good and effective communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Quality systems, ISO 9001/14001 and SPC.
- Must be able to enforce discipline and set good work practices within the team.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!