BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT UKIS LOOKING FOR ANUNDERGRADUATE INTERN – PROTOTYPING – fixed term 12 months
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship 2023-2024
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development – New Categories
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The Student Intern Electronics/Firmware Engineer role is accountable for leveraging both Electronic and firmware practical hands-on experience to focus on prototype test/evaluation equipment and device design.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
This role will support the current electronics engineering roles with technical input in focused assigned workstreams and activities to create and validate prototype test/evaluation equipment and device design.
Electronics Engineer II Prototyping Engineer
Number of Direct Reports
Internal -Various subject matter experts across BAT; Industrial Design; Product Marketing; Manufacturing
External – N/A
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Supporting the delivery of assigned projects and focused workstreams of prototype designs on time and in full;
- Acting as electronic and firmware support, maintaining rigorous control on the quality of design output to channel designs through the prototyping pipeline;
- Identifying areas for continuous improvement in our ways of working through the development of new procedures and/or electronic/firmware practices, promoting enhanced methods to support prototyping design team results;
- Creating work plans with the support of team members to deliver against the priorities set by Senior Engineers and line managers to meet project timescales and delivery expectations.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you familiar with embedded C programming?
- Have you developed any MCU based projects?
- Do you have a firm understanding of electronics principles?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Firmware Engineering, or related;
- Knowledge of low-level development languages (primarily C);
- A basic understanding of electronics principles;
- Experience with standard equipment: Oscilloscope, multimeters, logic-analyser, power supplies;
- Knowledge of engineering development techniques;
- Understanding of component building and design;
- Technical curiosity and problem solving skills;
- Understanding of project timescales;
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams, liaising with key internal teams;
- Ability to develop technical, as well as internal/external capabilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks based on business needs.
- PCB Design (ideally Altium);
- Knowledge of ST Microelectronics MCUs;
- Bluetooth LE;
- STM Cube IDE & Cube MX.
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!