BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT TURKEYIS LOOKING FOR APACKAGING DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
LOCATION: Istanbul - Turkey
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible for providing a complete packaging development service to BAT TCNA or AmSSA Region’s markets. You will develop, specify and manage all Packaging Materials across geographical area responsibilities, using appropriate processes, systems, methods, technologies and supply sources. From a strategic perspective, you will support BAT’s global and regional packaging strategy following the standard methodologies to ensure the development of optimum quality packaging materials with maximum speed to market whilst ensuring effective cost management.
Reports to: Senior Packaging Development Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: TCNA (Turkey – Caucasus – North Africa) OR AmSSA (Americas and Sub-Saharan Africa)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- To ensure new packaging developments are delivered on time, in full, on budget following the standard BAT process requirements, quality, internal product compliance and brand standards.
- Provide technical input and recommendations on all packaging related projects to internal partners as well as suppliers.
- Influence the brand teams to ensure packaging is fit for purpose and not unnecessarily costly or complex.
- To handle on a daily basis:
- Artwork agencies for the creation and release of packaging artworks and health warning templates.
- Work collaboratively with all approved repro houses, material and print suppliers.
- Run all approval processes related to printing materials as internally specified.
- Participation in cost and complexity reduction activities.
- Provide a region-wide service, and therefore a willingness to travel to Operating Companies and suppliers throughout the region.
- Recognize the round clock nature of the printing and packaging industry and be available when needed to attend print runs outside office hours and approve printing appearance standards for the new packaging materials. Provide master appearance standards to printer and relevant departments in Operations after acceptance of first printed run to ensure future uniformity.
- Support and assist procurement in continuous improvement activities and commercial tender projects.
- Engage regularly with BAT’s external suppliers/partners in sharing the ways of working, compliance and regulatory needs, new materials & printing technologies, and new finishing technologies.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you a packaging development specialist who is ready to seek new challenges in a very dynamic environment?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Between 2 to 5 years of proven track record in Tobacco or FMCG Packaging and/or printing industry with a validated background in artwork and repro systems
- The job holder is encouraged to be able to confidently collaborate closely with the Operations and Supply Chain teams, relevant project leaders across designated geographical markets, and external suppliers in order to provide the most appropriate service
- A shown knowledge is required in the following areas: printing materials and processes, artwork creation & repro processes and digital literacy and Illustrator skills
- The jobholder should possess good inter-personal, client relations and resource management skills
- Advanced spoken and written English skills while being able to give presentations on various subjects, technical or otherwise, to all levels of personnel
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills are a plus
- Attention to detail, critical analysis & utmost accuracy
- Ability to lead various priorities and projects in parallel
- Knowledge of printing technology and experience in colour management and press approvals
- Open to travel extensively and approve designs at print suppliers after normal working hours if required
- Competitive salary, annual bonus
- Lunch at office canteen
- Health and life insurance
- Diverse and open team, engaging spirit
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.