BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT Poland IS LOOKING FOR a Solution Architect for Track and Trace Programme
SENIORITY LEVEL: Individual contributor
FUNCTION: Information & Digital Technology (Global Track & Trace Programme)
SALARY RANGE: excellent benefits + market leading bonus + car allowance
LOCATION: Poland, Warsaw
Serialization and Track and Trace Solution Architect defines the components of the solution and relationships between them, structure and properties. Establish target and reference architectures, principles and standards. Introduce the overall technical vision. Assure the solution will deliver the business objectives while maximizing reusability, scalability and standardization. Define all aspects of the solution including business process, application, data and technical infrastructure. Translate business requirements into solution components considering complexity of existing local systems.
Reports to: Global Track & Trace IT Lead
Geographic Scope: Global
What you will be accountable for
- Produce & own the solution design by providing solutions to the requirements gathered aligning to strategic solutions, target & reference architectures, principles and standards; maximize reuse, scalability and standardization
- Create solution architectures and designs by describing it through the outputs of architecture and design artefacts in standard formats
- Responsible for the Architecture Definition Document and other architectural deliverables aligned with all relevant governance requirements
- Govern, review and quality assure the artefacts created by external suppliers to assure the quality of delivered solution to fulfil business requirements and enforce to strategy
- Work closely with Operations Enterprise Architect and System Integrators and vendors to build and evolve a roadmap for Serialization and Track and Trace solution
- Leverage knowledge of new technology options and tools to identify and build business improvement opportunities
- Use cross industry insight (e.g. standard methodologies, trends, innovation) to assist in the design and development of solution architecture in BAT
- Support product development team by providing architectural input into user stories where appropriate
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of deployment project providing architectural input to the rest of the team
- Support deployment team in performing infrastructure and local integration fit-gap
- Undertake analysis of application technology options and associated costs, conduct fit-gap analysis, and proof of concepts for landing Track and Trace solution to new end markets and factories
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have experience implementing an off the shelf Track and Trace solution covering multiple countries and regions?
- Have you created a solution architecture document to providing enough information for implementers to work relatively autonomously? As a guide this would include defining the non-functional, the technology infrastructure, a decomposition of the solutions and systems into components and providing information on integration and interfaces.
- Have you taken a course/accreditation in the last 12months to improve your technical understanding, in your own time?
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- A seasoned IT professional with, as a guideline 8+ years’ experience in the field of IT Track and Trace/Manufacturing/Supply Chain
- Multinational FMCG (ideally tobacco or pharma) and FTSE-100 experience
- Experience inApplication, Integration, Data & Information and Technology Strategy and Design
- Experience in Solution Architecture methods and tools with good appreciation of Enterprise architecture methods and tools, particularly in the area of Track and Trace/Manufacturing/Supply Chain
- Experience and understanding of the issues associated with the business operating model of a global organisation
- Experience in working in Agile/Lean manner: preparing architecture for PI planning, supporting continuous delivery through PI execution, supporting new strategic themes and value streams
- Strong business engagement skills: ability to facilitate workshops, influence and negotiate with the business partners
- Effective communication and relationship management at all levels
- Robust partnership proven both inside and outside the IT function
- Used to working on solutions subject to a high degree of regulatory oversight.
- General Supply Chain and Logistics IT experience in FMCG
This is an evergreen role, meaning that if your application is suitable, we will contact you when the position will be opened.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!