BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
REYNOLDS AMERICAN IS LOOKING FOR A SHIFT LEAD
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Non-Management
LOCATION: Tobacccoville, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Reports to: Sr Manager Factory Services
Reporting Level: Non-Manager
Geographic Scope: Winston Salem, NC
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Responsible for managing various processes within the manufacturing environment that support the Company's vision and mission.
- Manage production associates and/or maintenance personnel to meet production requirements.
- Maintain a high level of employee engagement
- Demonstrate good communication skills, be a resource for direct reports and exhibit leadership skills to maximize productivity, equipment utilization and overall efficiency.
- Ensure the safety of employees and protecting company assets.
- Team leadership or facilitation to support process improvement efforts.
- Expectation of possible flex shift of day or evening when needed.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications?
- Would you have any inconvenience working on a 2nd or 3rd Shift?
- Are you comfortable leading teams?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to manage production personnel in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills with an ability to recommend continuous improvements.
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL / LEADERSHIP SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills with an ability to recommend continuous improvements
- Ability to work independently or within project teams
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalent and basic skills in MS Office computer applications; Or Associate Degree in Technical or related field and relevant work experience.
- Experience in an FDA regulated work environment.
- Knowledge/experience with Integrated Work Systems.
- Manufacturing Process Control Systems
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- Annual Salary: Minimum: $70,700; Maximum: $104,000
- Bonus Target: 10 percent
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Cell phone allowance for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional 3% to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees in the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counselling sessions, per each issue, each calendar year for employees and/or their family members
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment coverage of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum) through AD&D insurance
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Foundation Scholarship Program
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (exempt employees may be excused with pay for brief absences; non-exempt employees receive up to 6 days)
- Vacation (levels Below Senior Director receive 15 pro-rated days during first year of service; Senior Director and Officers receive 25 pro-rated days during first year of service).
- Holidays (Company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Parental Leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email atTalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.