Reynolds American is evolving at a pace like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be the change!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR ASenior Manager, Corporate Communications
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
FUNCTION: Business Communications & Sustainability
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Director External Communications & Media Engagement
Number of Direct Reports
Internal -Cross-Functional BC&S Leads & Global Counterparts
External - Agency & Collaboration Partners
Up to 10%
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Develop content including press releases, executive briefings, media statements, scripts, speeches, editorials, and other external communications.
- Serve as a technical expert on media tracking, sentiment measurement, and analytics tools.
- Develop proactive and reactive messaging and materials (Q&A, proof points, etc.)
- Work closely with ESG and Internal Communications teams to ensure an integrated approach to corporate messaging and engagement activities.
- Monitor media trends and provide proactive updates.
- Support web management, Sharepoint, PowerPoint & social media.
- Manage repository of corporate assets, fact sheets, and messaging.
- Play a vital role in managing corporate reputation
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you a strong communicator who can quickly develop accurate and compelling content on a deadline?
- Do you also have what it takes to work across a broad network of senior business stakeholders to build and execute communications plans to achieve our ambitions?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven external and/or corporate communications professional with at least five to seven years of comparable experience, ideally in FMCG companies.
- Experience drafting external-facing communications materials.
- Good critical analysis skills and sound judgment, including when under pressure.
- Comfortable interacting with senior business leaders and experts within a large international company.
- Ability to perform well at speed, consistently delivering accurate research, writing, and verbal communication to deadlines.
- Experience managing numerous demands simultaneously, prioritizing, and coping with unforeseen events/crises in a constructive manner.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in journalism, communications or a related field
- Significant Experience with Matrixed Organization
- Problem-solver and systems thinker with strong delivery capability.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Experience with social media platforms.
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in four strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- Annual Salary: Minimum:110,500; Maximum: 162,500
- Bonus Target: 25 percent
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional three percent to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees who elect the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counselling sessions, per issue, each calendar year for employees and their dependents
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment insurance of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Free confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health centers and 24/7 fitness centers at certain company locations
- A charitable giving matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care concierge service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Extensive training opportunities
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Mobile phone allowance for eligible employees
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (exempt employees may be excused with pay for brief absences; non-exempt employees receive up to 6 days)
- Vacation (levels Below Senior Director receive 15 days (pro-rated during first year of service); Senior Director and Officers receive 25 days (pro-rated during first year of service)).
- Holidays (Nine company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Paid Parental Leave + temporary reduced work schedule opportunity
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees who want to grow their careers. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email atTalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.